A short wkend trip to Batam..
Another trip shortly aft my LOB wif Black Manta.. Tis time round, p0h is off to Batam wif her rumoured bf aka Mr. Policeman - Andy..
Date: 18th Oct 2008 (Sat)
Venue: Harris Resort @ Batam
Cost: SGD270 (3hrs Rejuvenate Spa package) + Upgrade to Jap Suites @ SGD70 = SGD340
Ferry: By Batam Fast @ SGD41/pax (2-way), excluding sea port tax payable in Indo which is ard SGD4. The ferry journey was ~ 1.5hrs from SG to Waterfront Ferry Terminal.
Length of stay: 2D1N
Reviews:
We totally had NO complains on the service of the staff of Harris Resort. They certainly made u feel more at hme den anywhere else. From the Bell boy to Hotel Recept to Housekeeping folks to the more senior mgmt.. Everyone greeted u wif a smile, Good morn, how was yr stay.. For a moment dat u seemed lost, their staff will ask politely if u need help etc etc.. To be frank, tis is the 1st time I've ever encountered such high standards of service. Good job to the staff of Harris Resort!
Well, the only thing dat dampen the mood for the trip was the spa. Well, it was meant as a relaxing spa experience for both of us. It ended up wif a super duper bad experience for mi & I seriously NOT going back there for anymore spa session. Not even when I'm des for it!
1) Ambience
The ambience of a spa shld be serene & soothing music being played in the villa / room. The nite was filled wif laughter + chit-chat of their staff outside.. Everywhere of the H Spa area..!
2) Irritating customers
Customers opp our hut was asking for help twice; first, he requested for a towel.. "Harlow.. I need fresh towels.." Second time, he whistled to grab the attn of the therapists aft he was done wif his shower.. 2pid Ah Moh & masseur!
3) Masseur
a) I seriously tink my masseur is 1 of those who is either damn helpful / kpo kind! When the 2pid ah moh called for towels, she simply left mi exposed (Yes, i mean not covering mi up properly.. leaving mi TOPLESS..!) & went to kpo ard + leave the room! WTH.. I had to cover myself up loh. Arggg.. $%^^&%$#$%^%$#$%^&%$#$%^%$#$%^%$#
b) Throughout the session, my massuer will always leave massage 1/2way to peep outside whenever something happens outside.. its the 2pid ah moh or some other things lah!
c) How to enjoy when u keep having interrupted services + the last straw was.. the closing of the cabinets from 1 of the hut. It was a freaking LOUD bang loh!
I was simply super agitated & my massuer tot it was her who exerted to much pressure while doing my head massage. I TOLD her to get the rest to shut their a$$ up outside.. ma jiam pasar malam loh! Argggg...
d) The first part of the spa session was the body scrub followed by the massage. I wonder if she's kinda of pressed for time? She did the massage in a rather FAST manner! (not the excellent kindd of fast but the kind of speed dat she jus wan 2 complete her job n say byee)
4) Jacuzzi
a) We were told that the jacuzzi unit in the hut was FAULTY & we had to moved to another hut. I gaf the masseur a rather displeased "Huhhh.." expression..!
b) It was freaking cold filled with the so-called milk bath. I wonder why the foams has some little herbs on it. I wonder if dat was the left over herbs from the previous tub or was it a combi of both herbs + milk bath loh!
c) The pressure from the Jacuzzi was so mild that it cld prob generated out more foams den to our comfort!
5) She ran off..!
End of Spa session.. Well, it has always the practise of the masseur to lead u out to the exit once u're done wif yr session. Guess wad she did.. she RAN towards to exit, leading to the staff room, grabbed her bag & left from another door. She simply left the us find our way out at 10pm where its pitch dark wif some lightings. Damn it loh!
Ooo.. btw, guess wad man! My masseur was rather appologetic over the whole unpleasant spa experience we had.. She said, "Mdm.. I'm sorry abt it. If u wan, u can complain to the mgr.." Shit her rite??? Arggg..
My suggestions, stay @ Harris Resort is absolutely fine except for the super waste $$$ unpleasant spa I had. Certainly the worst spa experience..
Well, its still up 2 u to go gif it a try.. i will certainly not recommend any friends for spa..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, I've bumped into Mr. Maid aka WQ @ HarbourFront Ferry Terminal. WQ & his grp of friends; we boarded the same ferry to Batam too!! We almost stayed in the same resort if only Harris Resort wasn't fully booked. The grp ended up in Holiday Inn - Batam @ ~SGD145 for 3D2N stay.. Andy also bumped into his long time no see BMT friend call XXX.. Small world sia..
Welcome to Harris Resort... a resort in Batam, mostly frequent by Singaporeans!
Welcome to Room 339.. Japanese Suite..!
The Zzz area.. wif a balcony @ where Andy is standing..
Next.. another room for R&R..
Ooo.. There's 1 more balcony outside.. Guess wad's in there! ;)
Yupppp... Its a outdoor tub for getting yrself wet in there..!
If only, the japanese bamboo trees were more + grow intensively n we were on the higher floors, I will prob consider getting myself soak there for the whole day..
Ok.. let's come to the other corner of the R&R room.. Additional exit door + toilet.
Oooo... They've got bath tub! I love it.. ;)
Dat was the 2nd toilet which I've mentioned earlier on.
It looks like nobody has been using dat for a long time.. There were dead flies on the washing basin area as well as in the toilet bowl..
Suprisely.. p0h did less cam-whoring for tis trip. Not feeling too well, down wif flu..
Here comes our 'grp' pic..!
Andy was exploring the maps given by our friendly Hotel Front Desk guys..
p0h refused to let go of the hose of the shower head. The HOT water may jus melt the hose loh..
Well, the complimentary set lunch from Harris Resort..
Either 1 pizza or 2 Harris Meals.. take yr pick!
Haa~ I had someone to serve me for the pizza! ;)
We ordered another ala carte main coz..
Jus fries + pasta...?
Mystery solved.. dat pc of tender loving beef is hidden below the pasta!
We walked ard to explore the resort..
Still, we cldn't find the cabanas suite in the resort. Boyee.. send me the pic ok?
Ooo.. do u see the small little huts at the top of the building? Dat's where H Spa is located at..
I wan .. I wan to drink too..!
Guess which is our room! Its the lower floor wif the japanese bamboo..
Aft the spa, it was already 10pm.. all food outlets were closed & we were left wif no other choice except to dial for room service..
Ooo.. was dat a sheep gazing grass?
Ooo.. I mentioned I was down wif flu rite.. I forgotten to bring the med along & went to their drug store to grab a pack of 4 tablets for flu.
Well, that marks the end of the trip too.. enjoyable short trip minus off the uninvited flu bug + the spa.. ;)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home